At the start of 2020 we sat down to discuss our charitable support for this year, there were many fantastic organisations and causes to choose from! It didn’t take long for us to make a collective decision to support Rainbows. Rainbows rely largely on external donations to achieve what they do. It’s because of this year that we commit ourselves as a business and individuals to do all we can to support Rainbows in raising as much as we can throughout 2020.
Our Charity of the Year… Rainbows
Sadly, some children simply don’t live long enough. Since 1994 Rainbows have opened their doors and hearts to those children and the people who love them most. And now more than ever, they need your help to keep on bringing care and happiness to their children and families.
At the East Midlands’ only hospice for children and young people, Rainbows is a place where life-limited children and their families can find care and support. Their incredible team of people helps with the end of life care, symptom management, short breaks, and respite care. They are also there to support parents and siblings through their bereavements and care for children until the end.
Did you know your business/ organisation can shop via Amazon and donate to a charity at the same time? Help spread a smile every time you shop on Amazon, by using AmazonSmile and selecting ‘Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People as your chosen charity?
Amazon automatically donates 0.5% of the purchase prices of the eligible products to your chosen charity- Rainbow Hospice, when you shop on Smile.Amazon.co.uk. The great news is, shopping with AmazonSmile doesn’t cost you, or Rainbows, anything extra!
AmazonSmile is operated by Amazon offering the same products, features, and prices and your shopping experience stays the same; the only difference is that every time you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates to your chosen charity. You can help us raise money for our charity of the year Rainbows by raising vital funds just by shopping on Amazon.
How you can get started…
- Log into your Amazon account and search ‘Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People’ in the ‘Pick Your Own Charity’ search bar.
- Select ‘Rainbows Hospice for Children and Young People’
- You’ll then receive an email from Amazon and you’re ready to shop!
- Fill your basket as you normally would with knowing each purchase you make is also making a huge difference.
If you do use AmazonSmile and like to join in on our journey to hit our target of £5000 then please email Marketing@qts-ltd.co.uk to tell us how much you have donated to Rainbows just by shopping on AmazonSmile to allow us to update our JustGiving total and journey.
To find out about our various activities and our progress throughout this year or would like to donate to Rainbows Hospice then visit our JustGiving page https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/qtsforrainbows.
Would you believe that only 5% of the worlds land mass remains untouched by humans? At QTS, we are concerned for the planet’s wellbeing but also your products and staff safety. We know that sometimes it can be difficult to get the right mixture of cost efficiency and sustainability, but we think that we can help to alleviate some of this burden.
The population increase rate of the world is currently around 1.05%. This does not sound like much but that could push the world’s population over the 8 billion mark. Naturally, this increase in population is going to cause an increase in demand over time. If we look at the consumer spending for evidence of this then you will see that between 2014 and 2019 consumer spending increased by over 80%. Of course, as businesses, this is exciting. However, it does bring about the problem of not having the capability to house this much stock.
How can you become more sustainable in your warehouse?
The space saving answer is to stack warehouses high by using multiple racks on top of one another. There are some risks associated with this. What if the decks collapse? What if something falls and causes injuries? Well, by using a wire mesh deck in combination with an anti-collapse wiring will help to combat both issues. And we have the perfect 2 products that can be completely tailored to your needs:
easySHELF Wire Mesh Decks are a low weight, high strength wire mesh decking system that is suitable for storing palletised goods or single units in a secure and simple way.
Constructed from fusion welded steel in various configurations, the easySHELF surface is on average 70% permeable. This reduces the gathering of dust, whilst at the same time allowing light and water from sprinklers to penetrate lower levels. Designed with a waterfall design front and rear the easySHELF is secured safely into place with no additional fixings for rapid and straightforward installations.
RackGUARDIAN Anti-Collapse Mesh (ACM) is a High-Strength Steel panelled protection system, which protects your workforce from serious injury or harm from falling product stored at height.
Mounted to the rear of a pallet racking system using a universal bracket, panels are configured in a brickwork pattern and installed to create a strong mesh screen capable of absorbing impacts up to 2500 joules.
How can steel possibly contribute to the sustainability of your company?
I know what you are thinking, how can steel possibly be in any way sustainable? Well firstly, by building upwards, you are saving space. Natural areas are often cut down and flattened to make space for these big warehouse spaces; by building upwards you can potentially triple of quadruple the amount of storage per meter squared.
Secondly, a common misconception is that the wooden structure alternatives would be better suited from a sustainability point of view. However, wood is a single use material; this means that once the decking is finished with, it will be burnt or left to rot. The burning of the wood releases all the CO2 that is stored in the wood. If you compare the span of steel to wood, then you may have to replace the wood 3 or 4 times which is a lot of c02 that gets released.
Steel is also the world’s most recycled material. Once business have finished with our easySHELF, it is melted down and reformed into more mesh decking. The steel used in the construction of warehouses across the UK has a recycle rate of around 90%. Our main supplier of steel produces a majority of its product through recycling used steel.
If you would like to help us save the planet and improve you sustainability, then get in contact with one of our dedicated sales team today here.
A rather alarming figure for those of us in the warehousing industry is that over 7,000 employees in 2018/19 were involved in an incident in a warehouse resulting from falling objects. At QTS, our staff are the backbone of our company and we do everything we can to ensure the safety of our employees and we know that you would want the same. One of the most common mistakes is installing poor quality or insufficient safety measures to save money in the short term; this is why we have produced our own anti-collapse mesh, the rackGUARDIAN™, to keep your employyees safe.
Often, a Nylon netting is installed at the back of the warehouse pallet racking system to stop objects from falling. Nylon netting is very cheap, but it does not provide sufficient protection against falling objects particularly when storing heavier items. The nylon netting will only be able to withstand low impacts. All it would need is an operator to overshoot loading a heavy pallet and the nylon would likely break.
The solution to this problem is to install an Anti-collapse mesh system made from steel. The system acts as a physical barrier between the back of your pallet racking frame and your warehouse operatives when there is the risk of falling items. It is a good idea to have this anti-collapse mesh system installed anywhere that there are items stacked at high levels. This is why, at QTS, we have developed our own anti-collapse in our UK based warehouse and development facility system called the rackGUARDIAN™.
- Superior safety: the racking combined with our universal bracket and a brickwork patterned install creates a super strong screen that can withstand impacts up to 2,500 joules.
- Rapid installation: our modular design means it is as simple as 2 screws and our bracket being attached to your existing pallet racking system and then our expertly designed mesh panels are inserted to form your anti-collapse system.
- Fire Safety: Another reason why you should consider using the Anti-Collapse is the fire safety benefit. The wire mesh is created from welding together steel which is obviously significantly stronger then it mesh alternative and thus it is less likely to have any damage in an event of a fire; the nylon netting will just go up in flames.
- Modular system: The rackGUARDIAN™ is a modular panelled system which can be configured to any of the leading manufacturers racking structures.
- Creates a pathway: By adding the rackGUARDIAN™ to the back of your racking systems it creates safe pathways around your warehouse facilities for guests that come to visit.
So to prevent any accidents and improve your warehouse’s safety, get in contact with one of our specialists today here and we can give you a quote to fit one of our expertly designed rackGUARDIANs™.
In a world where the population is rapidly increasing, and space is diminishing quicker than we can get you a quote (which is very quick), it is becoming increasingly important that we find solutions to maximise the space of our warehouses. The obvious answer – build upwards. This, of course, comes with its own difficulties, but the one that we are most concerned with here at QTS is the safety of your products and staff. This way we have designed our easySHELF™; a wire mesh deck system to help store your goods safely.
The solution to this problem is to layer up multiple shelves but to do this you are going to need something to support the products. The common solution is to use wooden slats between the beams to rest the products on so that they don’t fall through and become damaged. Having the decking also helps to provide extra support for heavier goods that would otherwise not be able to be supported by the beams alone. All pretty simple so far, right?
The common mistake though (which we have many bespoke solutions for) is that companies will often opt for wooden decking because the initial upfront costs are cheaper than the steel metal mesh alternatives. I know what you are thinking, “saving on set up costs doesn’t sound like a bad thing”, well in this instance, it is. The solution is to use a wire mesh deck replacement, like our easySHELF™, and here is why…
The easySHELF™, the superior solution:
- Wood is weaker. By only using a 4mm steel wire, QTS have been able to create the mesh frame which, combined with a choice of our support bars, can hold up to 1500kg.
- The easySHELF™ can deal with moisture. We know it isn’t always possible to keep everything dry, especially if you have to receive a delivery in bad weather. A wooden decking would become damp and when wood gets damp it becomes weaker which means you are potentially risking the safety of your products. This also means that our easySHELF™ is perfect for storage outside and the strength will not be compromised.
- The easySHELF™ is fire safe. As a result of its mesh design, the easySHELF™ allows water to penetrate through to all the levels. This is extremely effective in fire safety as the fire can be put out right at the bottom of the unit. This means it would also make your insurance cheaper so thus cheaper in the long run. If you want to improve your safety even further, then you could add the rackGUARDIAN™ to your system to improve safety for your staff.
- easySHELF™ is simple and easy to install. The wire mesh decking has a waterfall design which makes constructing each bay very simple; all you need to do is drop the deck onto the beams and you are done.
- They are easy to maintain. With the easySHELF™, you can have a variety of coatings on the wires which helps the wires be almost maintenance-free. At QTS, we offer a Zinc finish which adds the benefit of being chip-proof. Our mesh decks are also rust-free allowing you to know your mesh decks will always be in tip-top condition.
Now, there are a lot of different varieties of the easySHELF™ that we produce right here in the UK and we even offer bespoke versions to cater to your needs. We know this could seem a bit daunting but luckily, we have a team of experts just on the other end of the phone (or email if you prefer) who can help take your warehouse to the next level.
My role as ‘Regional Account Manager – South’ at QTS is to nurture and develop budding relationships with new and existing clients, achieved by using a consultative one to one service model to elevate both support and assistance received by our customers.
This includes thinking outside of the box to provide the very best standard and bespoke wire-mesh solutions that best fits our customer’s needs. With quality and consistent communication with our clients, I’ll ensure their purchasing experience is smooth and effective.
Highlights in my previous role would be runner up of Call Centre agent of the year at the TTG Travel Awards, this takes into account all applicants from call centres all over the UK. With also achieving personal sales of £3.9m in one year making me in the top 3 performers for the company out of 61.
I joined QTS because I wanted to join an innovative and fast paced company in a role that would complement my current skill set, whilst pushing me with new challenges. I loved the ambitious and family culture and felt that I would be a valued team member to the company.
I bring to QTS the skills from my customer service experience and will provide a personable connected service to deliver products and services in line with our client’s best interests. Ensuring clients are happy and satisfied with their experience and guaranteeing repeat regular custom.
Craig De-Lara, Sales & Marketing Director:
“We’re excited with the recent addition of Elsa to our Account Management Team and it’s yet a further commitment to our customers that we are putting their needs at the heart of everything we do. At the turn of the year, we as a Board, set the vision of what is now commonly known as #QTS2020VISION, which represents change for the better, to do more and to be more. The growing presence of our front end and customer engaging team is pivotal in that journey, so with Elsa’s award winning service centric background, I know our customers will be better serviced and truly see the value offered by QTS and its teams.”