CAD Technician/ Draftsman
CAD Technician/ Draftsman
Fill out your details below to apply for this job.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly driven and quality-focused CAD Technician/ Draftsman to join our fast-growing manufacturing business at QTS Ltd, Pinxton.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, energetic, ambitious and dynamic individual to join our growing team and play a key part in our Manufacturing process.
This is an excellent opportunity to put your stamp on a pivotal role within our Manufacturing department and provide proactive and reactive technical drawings to our team of production operatives.
Reporting to the Head of Manufacturing, you will be responsible for all proactive and reactive technical drawings pertaining to stock and customer-specific orders.
You will be the conduit between sales orders and production work orders, taking full ownership of drawing creation to customer sign-off, in addition to supporting with BOM creation and setting the standards across the board.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all CAD drawings are created and presented for customer approval within agreed KPI’s
- Ensure accurate BOM’s are created in line with approved CAD drawings
- Working with the design engineer to maintain and improve the drawing library, both 2d and 3d CAD.
- Use our ERP system to load BOMs.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to improve product designs and aid new product development.
- Liaise with the sales order processing team to ensure all production drawings are available within agreed KPI’s
- You will complete all reasonable requests as made by your line manager or any member of the management team.
- You will ensure that all production drawings are treated with the highest importance, making sure all details are accurate before issuing to the Production Team Leader for use.
- You will ensure all drawings are correctly titled, version-controlled and filled in an organised and controlled manner for ongoing use.
- You will adhere to HSE requirements, such as following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and the correct use of PPE when in the production area.
- You will anticipate and mitigate obstacles in your defined area of responsibility.
- You will demonstrate and lead continuous improvement activities to improve performance and improve quality.
- You will provide visual renders for sales purposes.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role
- Two years’ experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks or similar software.
- Experience in a manufacturing background is desirable.
- Strong team player, with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Impeccable organisation and time management skills
- Previous experience in manufacturing is desirable.
- Able to prioritise and act decisively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to self-motivate against demanding targets and tight deadlines.
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
Apply Now Back to jobs