Much like you would not choose to wear an anorak in the Arctic, you would not leave your steel mesh decks un-coated. An un-finished mesh deck would not be up to the job. At QTS, we take pride in providing you with the best possible warehouse solution, which is why we have a range of finishes available depending on your needs.
How do I know what coating I need?
Have a look below at the 3 finishes that we offer and see what benefits they can offer you to help you make your decision.
The benefits of our standard coating: Pre-galvanised
- Pre-galv is the most cost-efficient way to have your easySHELF™ finished.
- Reduced lifetime costs. The molten zinc, which forms the basis of the finish, can form a strong bond with steel, the material which our mesh decks are produced from. This means that maintenance costs will be reduced in the long run
- The pre-galvanised finish can be easily separated with a large amount of heat applied to it; once it is back into a liquid form, then it can be used to coat another deck.
- By finishing our products in pre-galv, we are protecting the steel against damage. This means that in the long run, you will not have to spend as much money to fix or replace the decks as regularly.
What other coatings are available and why would I need them?
Benefits are as above with the addition of…
- Aesthetically pleasing. Powder coated finish provides a clean looking mesh deck which is perfect for those clean warehouses that have lots of visitors. We can also offer any colour on the RAL colour wheel to add that personalised touch.
- The coating removes sharp edges. Mainly useful for warehouses where staff are hand-picking items, the powder coat eliminates all the sharp edges creating a safe environment for your workers.
Benefits are the same as the pre-galv with the addition of…
- Extra protection. The hot dipped option is perfect if you have damp conditions or require storage outside. The additional finish can withstand moisture much better than the other two options.
If you would like to know more about any of the finishes that we offer, then get in contact with one of our professionals today.